THIS SITE IS GOING TO GET A COMPLETE OVERHAUL…IN THE MEANTIME, HERE IS MY RESUME:
I am a freelance Editor having worked in the field now over seven years. I have experience doing both short form/promo as well as long form narrative. I am an independent documentary film maker/editor as well and have great experience both in the field and the editing studio.
I am a problem solver, first and foremost, and a creative visualizer. I am more than just an editor. I can, and have, performed the roles of a Post Production Supervisor, Editor, Sound Designer, Director, AD, DP, etc (pretty much any hat you can wear in production). I am completely comfortable working alone being handed dailies and footage. On the other hand, I am an excellent team player and firmly believe that working as a group is far more productive than as an individual.
I have experience in creating/adding graphics, knowledge of music and sound sweetening, a good grasp on all export mediums and I also have experience editing multicam.
Please contact me to set up a meeting so we discuss logistics and your specific needs.
I live in Westchester County, NY and I can be in the NYC in less than 2 hours and western CT in less than an hour for any location or on-site work.
Here is the link to my reel: http://vimeo.com/27059311
(You can also find the full versions of the films I’ve edited on my vimeo.com page)
Also here is my LinkedIn page http://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffreycpackard with references.
Here is a quick summary of what I have to offer:
· I am energetic, enthusiastic, and eager to take on new challenges. Editing is my passion and I have a real “eye for a cut.” I have over 6 years experience as an editor.
· I am interested in working in all facets of the post-production process, from simple log and capture, and authoring DVD/Blu-Ray, to editing and sound design.
· I have my own studio in my home with FCP Studio 3, Avid Media Composer 5, Adobe CS5, Pro Tools M-Powered 8,etc
· I have worked on every aspect of editing that you need; from music videos, corporate shorts, promotional videos, documentary shorts, narratives, trailers, and am currently in post on my first documentary feature as well as a narrative feature due out Jan 2013.
· My last short “American Brooklyn” was in the festival circuit for over 2 years.
· I am very familiar with most cameras being used in the field today and am comfortable shooting on any medium and in any location. I have over 4 years experience shooting as well as recording location sound with both boom and wireless.
· I am completely comfortable around a computer no matter what the format (mac/pc) and can trouble shoot most hardware/software issues. I am also well versed ingesting and export just about any file/compression format.
Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you.
Jeffrey C Packard
1032 Orchard St.
Peekskill, NY 10566
Avid Media Composer 6
Final Cut Studio 3
Sound recording (wired & wireless)
Ingestion and export of all media and compression formats
Experience with most SD & HD cameras used in the field today
A+ Certified Computer Technician
All versions of Windows (-Win7) and OSX (-10.7.2)
All Social Networking Sites
Bachelorette of Arts: Film Production – May 2011
Handmade TV: Offline/Online Editor: 03/26/12 – present
<Experience at Handmade TV>
How-To/Promo/Instructional Videos for such clients as: AllRecipes.com, Fine Cooking Magazine, Wusthof of America, and Better Homes & Gardens.
Flicker Filmworks, LLC: Post Production Assistant: 09/16/11 – 02/24/12
<Experience at Flicker Filmworks, LLC>
-Post Production Assistant: “In Search Of Food” Ovation Network, “Bridge The Gap: Pine Ridge” PBS Documentary, “Catskills Animal Sanctuary-Animal Stories” Web, “Anthony Bourdain’s : The Layover” Travel Channel.
Dirty Gate Media: Owner/Editor : 01/2010 – present
<Experience as “dirty gate media”> -
-Videographer : 02/05/12 – Ira Cohen Memorial Event @ The Living Theatre NYC
-Editor : 01/10/12 – 01/25/12 “Book More Brides Web Promo” www.bookmorebrides.com Internet Marketing
-Post Supervisor/Editor/Sound Recording/Sound Mixing : 07/28/11 – 03/24/12 “The Retribution” HD Feature [Dir: Jacob Osborn, FlipThisTrumpCard Productions]
-Editor/Assistant DP/Co-Writer : 07/10/11– 07/12/11 “Bobby’s Day” -DV Musical Short [2011 NY 48hr Film Project]
-Set Designer/Builder : 03/06/11– 03/09/11 “Comedy Central Presents ‘Roast of Trump’” [Company: MKG Event Promotions]
-Editor/Sound Design : 01/01/11– 03/31/11 “Isle of Fortune” – HD Trailer [Dir: J. Monty Nyahay]
-Co-Director/Sound Mixer/Editor: 2009-TBD “American Brooklyn” – HD Multi-cam Documentary Short (Completed short and continuing work to make into a feature) [Dir: Michael Schloemer]
[Please contact for more information about other projects I've worked on.]